We can’t believe Independence Day is right around the corner! June flew by way too fast! With beautiful weather upon us how are you choosing to celebrate July 4th? We think the best way to get your party on is by rounding up some good friends, good drinks, and firing up the barbecue! Keep it simple and follow our helpful tips to kick off the summer right and host the best red, white and blue party around…
- Get outside and turn that BBQ on! You waited all winter for BBQ season to come back and now is your chance to get back out there and fire up the grill. Do it in style with our Personalized Grilling Tool Set. We know you’re going to love it and what better way to impress your friends then with a customized grill set! Even after your party is over this personalized tool set is perfect for on the go. Tailgate parties…check! Friends BBQ….check!
- Set the scene with some games. Below are some of our favorite outdoor games to get everyone up and moving this 4th of July!
This game involves players taking turns throwing bean bags at a raised platform with a hole in the far end. A bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point. Play continues until a team or player reaches (or exceeds) the score of 21.
Each player stands behind a Goal to throw Disc. You alternate throws in equal turns to score points. The object of the game is to score points by throwing and deflecting the flying disc and hitting or entering the goal. The game ends when a team scores exactly 21 points.
Red, White, and Blue Tag:
Give each competitor one token of each color. When the whistle blows, the game starts! Challenge players to be the first to gather one red, one white, and one blue token by tagging other players. This game is perfect outdoor fun for young kids or adults.
These games are not only easy to set up, but they’re great ways to get your guests on their feet and interacting! Want to take these up a notch? Get some fun and festive prizes for the winner of each game.
- Make sure the food is on point! Your guests will love classic hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner so you can’t go wrong. If you are feeling adventurous, check out this recipe for a Caramelized Onion Relish Burger on our sister brand, Harry and David’s, blog! Load up on the condiments including ketchup, mustard and pickles are you’re ready for a lunch.
- Presentation is everything even if your drink of choice is an iced tea or soda. With our Personalized Mason Jars, you not only stay cool but look cool as you sip away the day! For the adults at the party our Red, White and Blue Pina Colada’s make the perfect cocktail. Serve them up with a festive drink umbrella in one of our personalized mason jars and watch your guests go crazy!
- 3 Oz. (2 shots) of Rum
- 3 Oz. (2 shots) of Blue Curacao
- 6 Oz. Pineapple Juice
- 5 Oz. Cream of Coconut
- 1 C. Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- 2 C. Ice
- Add Rum, Pineapple Juice and Cream of Coconut and Ice to a blender.
- Blend until Smooth.
- Pour around ⅔ of the mixture into a separate container; leaving the rest in the blender.
- Add Strawberries to remaining mixture in blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour Strawberry mixture into drinking glasses, slowly pour ⅓ of the reserved Pina Colada mixture into the drinking glasses.
- Add the remaining reserved mixture and Blue Curacao into the blender; blend until combined.
- Slowly pour the blue mixture into the drinking glasses.
- As for decorations go, this is your time to be as creative as you want. We have a whole board dedicated to the Fourth of July on our Pinterest page! Check out some of these awesome ideas that will be sure to light up the night and show off your patriotic pride.
Have a Happy 4th of July from all of us at Personalization Universe!