Wondering how to make the most of your 4th of July party? Here are some helpful 4th of July party ideas to make your night memorable. The Fourth calls for a fun and festive celebration to honor the birth of our amazing country! What better way to have an Independence day celebration than with good food, drinks, and games?
Be a Master – not just at grilling…
Our Personalized Grill Apron is sure to make you look as professional as you feel when preparing these savory snacks for your guests!
Loaded Bacon Cheddar Baked Potato Salad
Let’s start out with an easy 4th of July recipe! While burgers and hot dogs on the grill are an Independence Day classic, side dishes are just as important! Here is an easy loaded bacon cheddar baked potato salad recipe from The Complete Savorist to compliment your main course.
⌚ TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes cubed
- 10 oz. bacon
- 5 green onions diced
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Kosher salt; to taste ~ 3 large pinches
- 3 tsp chives diced
- Bring the cubed potatoes to boil in generously salted water, about 15 minutes or until fork tender
- While the potatoes are boiling, fry the bacon; cool and crumble
- Drain in a colander; set aside to cool
- While the potatoes cool, grate the cheese, dice the green onions, and chives
- In a large bowl, mix the potatoes, Greek yogurt, sour cream, mayo, cheese, bacon, and green onions together until well combined
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well; tasting for any additionally needed salt
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve
Homemade BBQ Sauce
Since BBQ food is very popular on the fourth, why not try a homemade BBQ sauce recipe to really WOW your friends? Thanks to Gimme Some Oven, we have the perfect recipe for you to do just that!
⌚ TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
⌚ PREP TIME: 5 MINS
⌚ COOK TIME: 25 MINS
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire*
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke**
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- (optional: a few pinches of cayenne powder for extra heat)
*If you are making this sauce vegan, be sure to find a brand of Worcestershire sauce that is vegan. I recommend Annie’s.
**If you are making this sauce gluten-free, be sure to find a brand of liquid smoke that is certified GF. I recommend Wright’s or Colgin.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium saucepan
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer (uncovered) for 20 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly thickened
- Use the sauce immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week
Pair your delicious food with the right drink…
Sparkling Red, White, and Blue Sangria
When it comes to a party, presentation is everything! With our Personalized Mason Jars, you will not only make your guests feel special, but also add a creative touch to their festive summer drink. The adults can indulge in red, white and blue sangria which makes for the perfect holiday cocktail. Add a festive straw or umbrella to our engraved mason jars to impress your friends. Below you can follow this easy yet delicious recipe, courtesy of Gimme Some Oven!
⌚ TOTAL TIME: 10 MINS
⌚ PREP TIME: 10 MINS
⌚ COOK TIME: 0 MINS
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup apple juice or white grape juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 bottle champagne (or any variety of sparkling white wine)
- 3-4 Granny Smith apples (*or see alternatives below)
- Stir together white wine, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and apple juice together in a large pitcher. Cover and refrigerate for 1-4 hours, so that the flavors can meld. (Heads up that the longer the mixture sits, the redder it will become.)
- When you’re ready to serve the sangria, gradually stir in the champagne and apples and ice. Serve immediately
- *Other options for the “white” fruit could include fresh pears, jicama, pineapple or starfruit
- **If you would like the tiered red, white and blue presentation in individual glasses that I used, just add extra red berries to the bottom of empty serving glasses, followed by a layer of blueberries, then strain out the sangria wine, and add some apple stars on top
*If you’d like to give your sangria an extra kick, I love stirring in an extra 3/4 cup St. Germaine. Or you can use any other favorite liqueurs too.
Edible Berry Cubes
Don’t forget to make a red, white, and blue drink for the kids to enjoy too. Simply add a variety of berries to ice cubes which would pair great with water, soda, or seltzer for a fun and festive touch. Check out Crate and Kids Blog to perfect these Edible Berry Cubes.
Show your stomach who’s boss with these sweet treats…
Ready to treat yourself to a scrumptious patriotic dessert? These brownie bites are not only easy to make but also delicious! Here is an awesome and easy 4th of July dessert recipe from Real Food by Dad to do just that!
4th of July Brownie Bites
Yields 16 bites servings
⌚ TOTAL TIME: 10 MINS
- 16-18 brownie bites, store bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5-6 strawberries, quartered
- 3 oz. blueberries
- To make whipped cream: Place cream and sugar in a chilled bowl, and using a hand held electric mixer beat on high until stiff peaks form. Transfer whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with an open star tip. Pipe whipped cream onto brownie tops and layer with strawberries and blueberries.
Add Some American Flare…
We know you all want to display your red, white and blue desserts in a delightful way. Check out this Engraved Patriotic Cutting Board which is great for showing off your sweet treats!
Top off the night with some fun festivities…
To end the night, here are some fun party games for everyone to enjoy, regardless if you are 5 years old or 75 years old! We all love a great game, so why not make it a competition? With cornhole and kan jam, you can let your competitive side shine while still enjoying yourself and being outside with those you love.
How to Play Cornhole
Teams of two stand across from each other and throw bean bags at an elevated wooden surface. Your objective is to get the bean bag through the hole in the platform, and the first team to reach 21 wins! Getting the bean bag through the hole is 3 points and getting the bean bag to land on the platform amounts to 1 point. This game can also double as a great red, white and blue decoration!
How to Play Kan Jam
Each player stands across from their teammate and behind the Kan Jam Goal to throw each disk. For you to win, all you have to do is get the most disks in the goal by deflecting or throwing the flying disk into the goal – the first team to score 21 points wins!
Show off your ping pong skills using your own Customized Ping Pong Paddle! For those of you who do not have a special table, you can use your paddles to have a friendly back and forth with your close friends.
For some bonus decorations…
Be sure to light up the night with fun sizzling sparklers that we know won’t disappoint!
With these 4th of July ideas and tips, we know that your party will be the talk of the town! Have a happy 4th of July from all of us at Personalization Universe 🙂